Under the direction of the Director of Marketing, the Graphic Artist will develop and create cutting-edge graphics to support Arizona Public Media, Southern Arizona’s PBS and NPR affiliate.
AZPM receives a significant amount of support from the University of Arizona, viewers, listeners, and corporate supporters. Regardless of job capacity, each employee is obligated to present a professional and helpful business image to those with whom they come in contact both within and without the organization.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state retirement plan; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinates Design elements in a multi-media environment including television, online, social media, and print; project distribution may include local, regional, and national delivery; evaluates design opportunities in production projects.
- Coordinates and edits design elements that will appear on television, online, and in social media platforms.
- Creates graphic designs for all forms of marketing materials in various formats and mediums; this includes, but is not limited to, booklets, brochures, reports, visual displays, newsletters, banners, posters, logos, computer-based presentations, sales materials and the AZPM website.
- Tracks, manages, and monitors all design jobs to maintain quality and deadline integrity.
- Produces graphic content for a wide variety of programs; directs and designs graphic content for news, public affairs, feature, documentary, and promotional/institutional applications.
- Maintains working knowledge and understanding of current design trends and graphic applications; especially those that reflect Southern Arizona.
- Researches and prepares design and graphic elements and applications for local, regional, national, and online delivery.
- Coordinates design elements in a multi-media environment for television, radio, media, and online; mostly print environment with the opportunity to work with local, regional, national, and online delivery; evaluates design opportunities in production projects.
- Produces high quality work on a regular and consistent basis with attention to accuracy, creativity, balance, and professional delivery; exercises good judgment, ethics, and integrity (as further described in the AZPM Code of Editorial Ethics and Practices).
- Interfaces with administration, creative staff, editorial managers and supervisors to create a professional cooperative working environment, and in the delivery of creative graphic content using multiple distribution platforms.
- Drives University vehicles as needed in the design and production of creative content.
- Participates in AZPM promotions, outreach, fundraising, and special event activities as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Excellent typography and design skills.
- Working knowledge of multi-media production techniques.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Experience in broadcast design and creation of motion graphics using After Affects and 3D animation software.
- Experience in designing and creating graphics for online platforms.
- Experience creating locator maps and graphics for print, online, and broadcast (standard and high definition).
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-intensive atmosphere; ability to work effectively with individuals and teams, work creatively and follow detailed instructions when required, and work effectively and efficiently managing several projects simultaneously.
- Computer literate; comfortable working in a PC or Mac environment; ability to operate audio/video recording and editing equipment; familiarity with non-linear editing post production.
- Sound editorial and design judgment; organizational, research and project development abilities; excellent oral and written communications skills; ability to plan schedules and to meet deadlines; attention to detail and good follow-through; initiative in developing creative graphic and design elements whether for programs or institutional support.
Opens: Nov. 13, 2017
Ends: Open Until Filled
Review Begins: TBD